I know, I know, not photographic in nature at all but I literally threw some left over items from the fridge together and created a dish that turned out really great. I never even thought about photographing it or writing the recipie down until it was all eaten and I realized how good the combination was.
To see what I grabbed from the fridge read the rest.
For the fried rice portion:
- 2 eggs (the only thing not left over)
- 1 BBQ Teriyaki chicken breast chopped (already cooked, left over from BBQ)
- 2 cups left over rice
- 1/2 left over onion chopped
- 1/4 left over green pepper chopped
- garlic powder to taste (abt 1 tblsp)
- black pepper to taste (abt 1 tblsp)
- crushed red pepper to taste (abt 1 tsp)
- Fry chopped green peppers, onions and spices on med heat for abt 5 mins.
- Mix in the chopped Teriyaki chicken and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Pull the mixture to one side of the pan to make room to cook the eggs.
- Scramble the eggs and cook till just done.
- Add the rice and mix with the eggs and chicken. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn stove to low to keep warm.
For the salad:
- 3 1/4" slices of left over lettuce
- 1 small tomato
- 1/4 cucumber 3/4 peeled (left 1/4 of rind intact)
- Black pepper to season
- Chop the lettuce, tomato and cucumber into small chunks.
- Sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
To serve, place 1/2 the rice on one half of the plate and place 1/2 the salad on the other half.
Mix equal portions of the salad with the fried rice and eat.
Feeds 2 adults or 3 kids.
Someone please recommend a drink and it's a complete meal!